QR Code Link to This Post
Precision Machining and Manufacturing Process Engineer
About the Position
ATD Precision is a precision cnc machining sub-contract manufacturing company based in Rochester, NY specializing in the manufacture of machined, close tolerance, complex components and assemblies. We have an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer.
As part of the engineering department, creates and maintains manufacturing processes for various machined components and assemblies. Also, work closely with production to assure manufacturing process capability.
• DETAIL MANUFACTURING PROCESSES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SPECIFYING ORDER OF OPERATIONS, PROCESS DIMENSIONS, AND TOLERANCES ASSOCIATED WITH TURNING, MILLING, GRINDING, HEAT TREATING, AND PLATING OPERATIONS.
• CREATE CONTROL PLANS, WHICH INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO SPECIFYING GAUGING METHODS, FREQUENCIES, AND DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS.
• SPECIFY TOOLING, FIXTURING, AND GAUGING REQUIREMENTS.
• ESTIMATING NEW PROJECTS
• ASSIST IN THE DESIGN OF TOOLING, FIXTURING, AND GAUGING.
• TROUBLESHOOT MANUFACTURING AND INSPECTION PROCESSES.
• PROCESS ENGINEERING CHANGES.
• DETERMINE DEFECT ROOT CAUSE AND CORRECTIVE ACTIONS.
Minimum of AAS (B.S. preferred) in technical discipline
Minimum of five (5) years in the precision machining/manufacturing field.
Must be proficient in all Microsoft office tools (EX: Excel, Power Point & Word) and familiar with CAD software
Experience/Capability in CNC programing a plus
We offer competitive wage and benefits package, including health care, profit sharing, 401K plan, vacation, and more. We are an equal Opportunity Employer.