QR Code Link to This Post
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – NEW OPPORTUNITY
As a Maintenance Technician at Conifer Realty you will:
Be responsible for the neat presentation, cleanliness and overall maintenance of our apartment buildings, grounds and fixtures. You will report directly to the Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor for our reputable Keeler Park Apartments community in Rochester, NY. Base hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m; some overtime may be required. Must be available for on-call and weekend hours when assigned on rotational basis with the maintenance team (must be able to respond within 30 minutes of receiving emergency calls). Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
You will have responsibility with the onsite team to ensure maintenance work orders are completed on time, apartment turnover is effectively and efficiently handled for new tenants, and all aspects of the property are always safe and secure for employees, residents, contractors and visitors. Daily activities include working collaboratively with the team as well as key partners including your Maintenance Mentor, outside contractors and residents to ensure all required aspects of maintaining and meeting all building, fire, and safety requirements.
As a successful candidate you will have (required skills):
• 2+ years prior hands-on apartment maintenance experience.
• Routine painting, plumbing, minor electrical wiring, carpentry, HVAC, dry wall, and other related general repair and maintenance activities using both hand and power tools.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
• Good time management and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines.
• Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with ability to respond to on-call emergencies when scheduled and assist with snow removal whenever needed.
• Minimum High School degree or GED equivalent required.
• Ability to lift to a maximum 100 lbs. on occasion with frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
And you are person with interpersonal skills who:
• Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships—becoming a positive resource for our residents, vendors, contractors, visitors and fellow employees who are involved with the site daily.
• Is enthusiastic, highly motivated with a strong work ethic and has an intense focus on achieving results.
• Champions change and operational excellence.
• Practices good business judgement and practices.
• Identifies and solves problems.
• Demonstrates good listening, communication and presentation skills.
• Embraces the opportunity to work side by side with team and partners.
• Is willing to go the extra mile to resolve issues and complete tasks required, including any extended hours that might be needed.
Conifer Realty’s culture is one that:
• Is guided daily by our values: commitment, dedication, honesty, innovation, integrity, quality and respect. Inherent in that decision process is a continuous effort to do what we do, better.
• Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background and experience.
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers and where all employees can achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our employees, residents and clients.
• Strives to create and maintain a positive work environment for our employees, competitive salaries and benefits, as well as the opportunity to work for a highly respected, fast-growing, national company.
• Is committed to advancing our management skills, technology, and ways of working; we always put our employees, residents and clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our apartment communities across four states and our employees by remaining vibrant and vital in the affordable housing industry. We strive every day to make our apartment communities the best in the market place.
Join our dynamic Conifer Realty Team — Conifer is a nationally ranked, full-service real estate company specializing in the development, construction, management and ownership of high-quality, affordable housing communities. Since its inception in 1975, Conifer has grown considerably – currently owning and managing over 15,019 multifamily units representing over 220 apartment communities in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
We are a professional, service-oriented organization with excellent benefits that include ongoing training; promotion from within; paid holidays, vacation & sick time; 401K with company match; medical, HSA, dependent care Flex account, dental, vision plans; company-paid life, short and long-term disability insurances; a wellness program, and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
APPLY TODAY via our website link: https://www.careersatconifer.com and scroll to job # NY19161 to complete our application process and attach your resume. You will hear directly from the hiring manager on next steps in the process. Thank you for your interest in joining the Conifer Team!
Conifer Realty LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.